Why you should choose solar energy:
- The sun will continue to shine for another 4 billion years and supply free solar energy in the process.
- The amount of solar energy which reaches the earth exceeds daily requirements 10,000 to 15,000 times over.
- The sun does not produce CO2 and thus preserves the environment on two levels.
- A solar power system allows you to become self-sufficient and not be exposed to ever-increasing energy costs.
- Solar electricity is the only energy which can be produced on a local basis worldwide.
- As long transportation distances are not required, energy waste is minimised and considerable savings are made on costs.
- The sun does not depend on large corporations and undemocratic regimes.
- Solar power is harmless.
Why solar power?
The sun is the resource of the 21st century.
Scarcity of resources, environmental degradation and damage to the environment are the most obvious disadvantages of oil, gas and coal. Moreover, fossil fuels, fossil fuel power stations and centralised power grids also make our society dependent on large corporations and undemocratic regimes. Such gigantic infrastructures are also far too expensive for developing countries, whatever happens. Renewable energies are thus the only way to guarantee an ecological, just energy supply in the future. Nuclear power does not provide an alternative either, as it is not only extremely hazardous, but is also actually a very expensive, finite resource which is by no means climate friendly.
The advantages of solar energy are self-evident
Sun and sand, the raw materials used to generate solar electricity, are inexhaustible. Electricity produced on rooftops will soon be cheaper than conventional electricity from a socket in the wall. Solar energy is thus well on its way to becoming the key technology for renewed economic growth and is comparable to the steam engine, the car or computer in former times.
There are no drawbacks to solar energy
Solar energy does not depend on electricity grids and fuels. It is the ideal source for a largely private, local, ecological and just electricity supply which is available anywhere. Germany is at the leading edge when it comes to expertise in this future technology.