Top quality for off-grid solar power systems
SolarWorld also produces solar modules for powering small decentralised applications at its fully automated production facility in Freiberg. These off-grid modules meet the same durability, quality and performance requirements as the standard SolarWorld sets for the Sunmodule Plus series. In close collaboration with battery and charge controller manufacturers, SolarWorld also offers additional services for the design of off-grid systems. SolarWorld also has a wide range of modules available for off-grid solar power systems.
Design and load capacity
The cells of the Sunmodules are situated behind a protective glazing made of hardened glass and are embedded in transparent EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate). The rear of the modules is sealed with a high-grade laminate.
The module frame and the enclosed glass are securely attached to one another by universally applied silicon. This guarantees above-average module stability that prevents e.g. the frame from coming loose as a result of sliding snow.
The load capacity of the front of the unit of up to 5.4 kN/m2, which meets the IEC 61215 standard, confirms the suitability of the module to withstand large build-ups of snow and ice.
Advantages at a glance:
- Designed for battery systems
- The diodes of the off-grid modules can be replaced without special tools
- The module’s permanent and laminated type plate ensures that the nominal power can no longer be falsified
- The wide frame and its flat surface, even where the glass and frame intersect, improve the self-cleaning capability of the Sunmodules and prevent performance losses caused by deposits of dirt or other contamination.
- Holes in the hollow section prevent the build-up of condensation water and prevent damage to the frame due to the expansion of freezing ice.