Waste and air pollutants
Reduce pollution. Optimize the use of resources.
With its sustainable group strategy, SolarWorld pays particular attention to its production of waste and pollutants. With the aid of the latest technology, and thanks to ongoing production process optimization, waste volume is not only continuously reduced, but the environmental pollution caused as a result is also kept as low as possible. It is our aim to reduce the share of hazardous waste on an ongoing basis.
Measures to date:
- Waste guide Freiberg (March edition Sunday, “Waste guide provides orientation - Katja Weiße created the guide for labeling and disposal” - more information can be found here)
- Hazardous substance management implemented in full: Approval processes, all hazardous substances with medium, high and very high hazard levels are subject to a substitution test
- Start of the introduction of the water soluble flux in module production
- Reduction of the use of slurry in wafering
- Reduction of the use of chemicals in cell production by optimizing the production process
- Compost program in Camarillo (October issue 2012 Sunday, “Camarillo goes greener - how organic waste containers can also save cash” - more information can be found here)
Goals for 2020:
- Reduction of waste volume (in t/MWp) by 10%
With a SolarWorld system, you are making an active contribution to protecting the environment by supporting a company which makes a conscious use of resources and reduces waste and pollutant emissions:
Our total volume of waste is greatly dependent on the production volume. The absolute figures rose continuously through 2011 and then dropped again in 2012. We report waste according to two categories: hazardous and non-hazardous waste. In order to continuously reduce the share of hazardous waste, we pay particular attention during production to the replacement of hazardous substances with non-hazardous substances. For this reason, the share of non-hazardous waste is in turn increasing over the years.